Mushroom Gravy Deer Chops made for a most phenomenal tasting dish! Thanks to our good friend, Dan Marcum, for providing us with the recipe! It was so good we decided we should share it with you.
Mushroom Gravy Deer Chops: You can use any type of meat you want (Whitetail deer, mule deer, elk, etc). We used Axis Deer. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mushroom Gravy Deer Chops Directions
– Cut chops to desired thickness and lay in bottom of pan (I used 3/4″ thick)
– Sprinkle RAKS Seasoning all over meat (You could use your seasoning of choice)
– Slice 3 small to medium onions and layer rings on top of meat
– Sprinkle pepper over top of onions
– Slice mushrooms and place over top (We used Portabella because they are meatier. Use as many as desired.)
– Make your favorite brown gravy. We used 2 packets of McCormick’s Brown Gravy Mix and 1 can of Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Soup
– After your gravy has combined well and started to set up, pour over chops, onions, and mushrooms
– Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 2 hours
– Remove from oven and stir
– Place foil back on and let sit for 15 minutes then serve
Great with egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!!!
Recipe courtesy of Big Red Outdoors.